Saturday, August 27, 2011

Italy In My Own Back Yard

My friend Debra is in Italy having fun painting, eating and making ceramics.  I am enjoying her blog, so..... 



This morning I went to the Worthington Farmer's Market because it is peach time and I needed to have some peaches.  I came home with way more food then we'll ever eat.  Tomatoes, strawberries, blackberries, and my favorite, peaches!!  I fixed breakfast and was eating on the deck.  Inspiration, I'll blog my beautiful local Ohio food - peaches in yogurt, toast and coffee in an exquisite china cup.  Well, the photos didn't work out exactly as I hoped, but here are the remains of the yummy toast and coffee.
 
The jam is by "Sweet Things", and is brandied blackberry.  The owner of "Sweet Things" is local and makes the most wonderful jams.  I don't have a most favorite yet.  I am still tasting.  I do love the chili cherry and the brandied blackberry.

1 comment:

Sri Debi said...

My dear departed mother-in-law would be happy that you were having your coffee in a fine china cup. She'd have had tea, but she always wanted it in a china cup!

You mean you didn't make the Monet peach thingy?

We had some peaches from the market and the grocery in italy and they were yummy! Hope yours were just as good.